pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.117 download groups bug on fedora-linux

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.117 download groups bug on fedora-linux
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 22:42:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 09:09:31 +1100, Karl Stevens wrote:

> Hi guys, My first post to the Pan mailing list.
> I've had to go back to using 0.14  because of a bug or two in 0.117.
> When I download the newsgroups list from my news server it just gets stuck
> in a loop, so Pan never completes the task.

Do you mean that pan is consuming all of your cpu cycles, or does
everything just seem to sit and wait?  (Big difference.)  Is there
any network traffic to/from your server after pan gets 'stuck'?

> The task log shows the
> message /.pan2/newsgroups.ynm No such file or directory...

That file is generated by pan from the list of groups, though
I don't know if pan waits for the list to be complete before
it writes the file to disk.  Anyone else know?

Here are the first few lines from my ynm file just fyi:

# Permissions: y means posting ok; n means posting not okay; m means moderated.
# Since almost all groups allow posting, Pan assumes that as the default.
# Only moderated or no-posting groups are listed here.
alabama.announce:m
alc.stat:m