pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Not following Gnome standard

From: David Sewell
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Not following Gnome standard
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:28:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Leandro GuimarĂ£es Faria Corcete DUTRA wrote:

>       OK, I am no coder and it is none of my business, but don't people who
> want a GTk+ app tend to also use Gnome?

Speaking as a Mac OS X user running Pan via MacPorts (formerly
DarwinPorts), I never use the Gnome desktop. Any X11 apps I run under
the standard OS X desktop. This is probably the rule for Mac users
rather than the exception. So I'm perfectly happy not to have the
overhead of installing Gnome packages I don't need.

DS