pan-users

[Pan-users] [.100] Server authentication issues

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: [Pan-users] [.100] Server authentication issues
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I subscribe to a 3rd party Usenet service.  Ever since the .9x
betas appeared, pan has periodically stalled out on Binary
downloads.  The only way to recover is to quit and restart pan.

Has anyone else seen this?  There's nothing revealing in the Event
log so I don't really know what the cause is.  The Download Speed
indicator in the bottom left corner will just start dropping toward
zero KiB/s, as all downloading has stopped.  To illustrate the
frequency of this, it will usually take between 3-10 pan restarts
to complete a download of a large number of items.  I wonder if it
could be an authentication issue or if maybe pan tries to use more
download connections than it's allowed (maybe trying to grab a new
connection before releasing the old one).  But really this is just
idle speculation because there's nothing to go on.  That's why a
couple weeks ago I brought up the suggestion of creating a --debug
flag that only shows server messages.

Anyway, am I alone in encountering this?

Thanks,

Jeff