pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Score colors disappeared after upgrade to 0.14.2.91

From: Juergen Starek
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Score colors disappeared after upgrade to 0.14.2.91
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:14:14 +0200

Duncan schrieb:

> Juergen Starek
> <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 03 Jun 2006 18:28:10
> +0200:
>
>> By updating my Ubuntu installation from 5.04 to 6.06, my Pan installation
>> was upgraded to 0.14.2.91. Now, the score colors I have defined are not
>> used in the header pane any more, [...]

> Wow, that's old for being a new upgrade.

Sorry, I have to correct myself: The version has stayed the same since
5.04, and as 6.06 is supposed to be a stable version which was explicitly
meant not to include anything experimental, I'm not surprised the 0.9x
series didn't make it :-)

> I can confirm that 0.14.2.91 should honor score color preferences.  It did
> here.

Well, now that I know this was no update, I must say that it used to work
here, too...

> Before you go checking deps, however, I'd suggest verifying that
> your pan preferences.[...]

I checked all those settings as you suggested, without success.

Today, I also created a new user account and toyed around with different
settings a bit. Pan itself could not be convinced to use colors, and KDE's
GTK settings ("use KDE style" and "use KDE fonts" for GTK apps) also had
no effect. Again, scores are computed correctly.

I noticed that pan's three progress bars down in the status bar are now
colored and have a white background, whereas they were grey on grey
before. Could this hint to which GTK packages are missing?

> If you wish, you could also try the newer pan (0.9x series, 0.99 the
> latest, to be followed by 0.100 next weekend).

As much as I'd like to, this is a "production machine" and I try to only
install stable software from Ubuntu's own repositories so I don't have to
maintain programs and fix security problems myself.

Regards,

  Jürgen