pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan Windows (Was: List Request)

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan Windows (Was: List Request)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:01:00 +0100

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:49:18 +0100, Lars Gården wrote:

> On 11/23/05, Artur Jachacy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:23:15 +0100, Lars Gården wrote:
>> > Ah, and since I'm already here - any chance for an updated Windows
>> > build of Pan? ;-)
>>
>> Which build are you using now?
>
> 0.14.2 from.. let me see..
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2/WINDOWS/
>
> The biggest problem for me is that I've had some issues with other
> Windows builds of FOSS software that installs a newer version of
> GTK, making me jump through some hoops to make all the programs
> work at the same time.
>
> It is working for me now, so it isn't a showstopper. But a new Win build
> of Pan against a current GTK would be nice.

The weird thing is, I built Pan against a newer version of GTK, but it
still needed the old one to run. Well, not exactly: it did run, but it
wouldn't connect to servers with newer versions of GTK, if I remember
correctly. Then again, I suppose I should warn you that I have no idea
about compiling stuff, I just followed the instructions provided.