pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] View groups from multiple servers at the same time

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] View groups from multiple servers at the same time
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:56:33 -0400

On Monday 31 May 2004 03:56 pm, Jan Eri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Linux and Pan. So far I am very pleased with Pan. I just
> miss one feature that I have in ProNews/2 (for OS/2). In ProNews all the
> groups I subscribed to were listed in one pane, no matter which server I
> got them from.
>
> Is it possible to do the same with Pan? Or do I need to view the groups
> from one server at a time using the "Servers" menu choice?

Unfortunately, at this time, you can only view the groups from one server at a
time, unless you use something to create a virtual news server on your local
system. The plan is to move Pan to a database-backend so that you can do what
you want, and more. Unfortunately the work is progressing slowly at this
point.