pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ~/.pan - can it be moved?

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ~/.pan - can it be moved?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 23:30:39 -0600

Mike Blamires wrote:

Is there anyway to change the home directory for Pan ( ~/.pan )? Runnning  in
an environment where the profile size is limited by resource (i.e our AD
environment) the profile becomes quickly oversized. This refers really to the
Win32 version of Pan.
Does it run of a particular environment variable that could be changed or is it just a setting I have missed?
I do this all the time on XP since my home and data directories are not the same. Just set PAN_HOME to the path you want. i.e. PAN_HOME=d:\data\.pan now all of pan's files will be stored under that path. This works on all supported OS's.