pan-users

[Pan-users] possible minor bug in pan

From: Søren Boll Overgaard
Subject: [Pan-users] possible minor bug in pan
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:29:23 +0100

Hi,

Recently a bug was reported against the version of pan currently in
Debian, which points out that duplicate custom headers are nuked by pan
before posting. I've been trawling RFC's but I can't seem to figure out
if that is standards complian behaviour, or if multiple instances of the
same header is actually allowed.

All I came up with was this:

5. Mandatory Headers
An  article MUST have one, and only one, of each of the fol-
lowing headers: Date, From, Message-ID, Subject, Newsgroups, Path.

I am assuming that the "problem" in pan is due to pan adding custom
headers to a hash-table during the process of posting, causing only the
last of any duplicate headers to survive?

Could someone please enlighten me on whether this is a bug or a feature?

Thanks.

--
Søren O.                                            ,''`.
                                                   : :' :