pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1

From: Steve Lombardi
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 1
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:43:04 -0500

On 3/1/04 at 4:17 AM, address@hidden wrote:

>Documentation is the biggest lack of PAN, unfortunately. The score file is
>supposed to be compatible with other news reader's score files including
>(I thought) xnews.  I would have therefore thought you would have
>recognized the general format if you'd taken a look at it.

Thanks.  However, it's not working as I expect.

Let's say I subscribe to a lot of "pictures" groups, and I'm trying to kill
dirty stuff.  So, taken from my
old xnews score.ini and "converted" (I think) to pan syntax:

[pictures|photo]
Score: =-9999
    Subject: boobs
    Subject: sex

However, although Pan says "Scoring Articles", I still see articles that should
have been killed.  What am
I missing here?

Also, if I edit the score file in BBEdit and then switch back to Pan, how do I
"reload" the modified score
file without having to quit Pan?

I'm running OS X Panther, Apple's X11 and Pan via Fink, if you're wondering.

Thanks.
---
Steve Lombardi
http://stevelombardi.com