pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Wishlist

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Wishlist
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:22:28 -0700

James Gregory posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sun, 08 Feb 2004 03:07:41 +0000:

>> Add something like this to .pan/data/accels.txt (Linux):
>>
>> (gtk_accel_path "<main>/Articles/Mark Unread" "<Shift>m")
>
> Pan seems to automatically overwrite any changes I make to .pan/accels.txt
>
> I don't seem to have a .pan/data directory.

Try holding your mouse over the menu entry and hitting the combo you want.
It should work most of the time, except for single letter shortcuts that
happen to match a menu accelerator key as well.    Those you need to edit
in the data file (when PAN is shut down, so it doesn't overwrite it with
the previous entries on shutdown.. or copy the file and edit the copy so
you can reference the PAN menus while you are doing it, then shut down PAN
and copy the file over PAN's copy, but keeping a backup, if you make a LOT
of changes you don't want to lose).

If that doesn't work, it may be that your GTK version is set not to accept
accel mods.  In that case, do some googling.. the correct incantation has
been mentioned on this list b4, around GTK+2.0 time, by several folks,
including me, but that was long enough ago I forgot exactly what it was,
when it started taking mods again, w/o me having to fix the config file.

Benjamin Franklin