pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Feature request: view with external program

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Feature request: view with external program
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:49:54 -0700

Brad Sims posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:49:53 -0600:

> On Friday 30 January 2004 7:47 pm, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>> Isn't it being held in cache?
>
> Indeed it is, thats why you can view pics and not have to save them to view
> them.

Well, it depends on the size of the cache, and just what "it" is.  If you
have a 10MB cache (which might be fine for text only work), and are trying
to scrape a >100 part 700MB CD ISO out of it.. well.. good luck!

OTOH, I was the one that requested the max cache setting be raised from
its former one GIG, and keep mine set at 4 gig, tho the max is now 20 gig,
I believe.  4 gig is fine for my use, with just over 2 gig being the
typical max fill, so the 4 gig gives me room to spare.  The entire pan
data dir is on an 8 gig dedicated partition, so I don't have to worry
about running out of space or that interfering with any other operations.

Benjamin Franklin