pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Read From One Server, Post From Another

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Read From One Server, Post From Another
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:39:11 -0700

Aharon Schkolnik posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:45:46 +0200:

> Sorry, too much work for me, especially since I don't post all that much.
> Too bad PAN doesn't support it (I used to use gnus, and it does). Doesn't
> seem like it would be that much work. Is there a wish list somewhere ?

I'm posting using PAN now.  =:^)  Fortunately, my ISP, Cox, has pretty
good newsgroups, and I follow and post to a number of text groups with
PAN, there.  I also use it here on gmane, the list2news and back again
gateway, to follow my various Linux related lists/groups, such as this one.

Still, I understand the to much work aspect if you'd be viewing on one
server, posting to another.  I'd likely consider it that also -- except
that I'd be equally likely to take it as a challenge to my ability to
control my own computer, and create a scripted solution using the external
editor feature, playing with it until I either got it to work or decided
that just wasn't a feasible solution for whatever technical reason
resisted my attempts to remove it and continue my progress.

Have you tried KNode?  I forgot what it was about it that I didn't like,
unless it doesn't do yEnc or something, but for posting at least to text
groups, that shouldn't be an issue, and unlike PAN, it DOES have built-in
binary posting, tho as I said IDR if it does yEnc or not.  I keep it
installed here, for the occasional time I might wish to post a binary
attachment.  Maybe someday I'll get around to trying it again for regular
use, and maybe by then it'll have fixed whatever it was that made me
decide NOT to use it b4.

Benjamin Franklin