pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Installation help on Suse 8

From: Patrick Barendregt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Installation help on Suse 8
Date: 24 Sep 2002 20:33:42 +0200

i use ./configure --prefix=/usr just like it sais in the document you
made.
To be sure i tried it on the same machine with a complete new install of
Suse 8 (i'm at home sick:))
With the same result a pan file in usr/bin the only stange (?) thing is
the file is allmost 3 mb big but perhaps thats normal ????
I followed exactly the instructions in the document with only one
difference i didn;t use the bz2 files but the gz files....
as as i can see i have no more rrors in the compile the pan file is in
the /usr/bin dir
so it must be something else whehi try to start the file it takes a
minute or so and then it's gone with no warning or what so ever,,,,,
I'm new to c programming and not to new to linux but i'm used to compile
cause i'm an experienced mainframe programmer so it's not all to new to

Anyone a suggestion ????