pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.0 crashes when downloading de.comp.os.unix.linu

From: Christian Lohmaier
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.0 crashes when downloading de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:35:53 +0200

Hi *,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 10:13:05AM +0200, Edgar Gottlieb wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 15. September 2002 23:02 schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
> > Hallo Edgar,
>
> [...]
> Based upon your information I changed the options for the above mentioned
> newsgroup as follows.  "Newsgroup" - "More Download Options"  the option
> "Download New Headers" to "Download Recent Headers". Then I reduced the
> number of headers to be downloaded so that the offending message was not
> included. Now everything works normally again.
>
> The solution is really only a workabout. In my opinion this must be a
> programming error. Has it been reported yet?

I was wrong regarding the cause of the crash. It's not the Subject that
makes pan crash, but the illegal encoding given in the From:-Header
("isolatin" is not a valid charset).
>From what I have been told, this shouldn't occur anymore with the latest
build (I haven't checked yet).
At least the responsible person now knows about this issue. If it's not
fixed in the recently released 0.13.90, than I'm sure it will be fixed
in 0.13.91. I'll get the 0.13.90 and comment...

ciao
Christian