pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Bug with long header lines

From: Sabljic, Miroslav AVL/HR
Subject: [Pan-devel] Bug with long header lines
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 21:05:28 +0000

Hello!

I've noticed a bug with Pan 0.139 (GIT bf56508). It looks like that it is wrapping header lines longer then 80 characters. I'm not sure is it exactly 80 characters but it is definitely around 75 - 80 characters. This is proper behaviour for some headers but if you add your custom headers, i.e. X-Face header then it will wrap that long header line in multiple lines which breaks the article header format and that article will be rejected by the news server.

You can test this with setting some custom header i.e.:

Since X-Face header is much longer then this example it will be wrapped in multiple lines.

I've tried to search in the source what causes this behaviour but couldn't find the relevant parts of code. If someone can point me to relevant parts of code which are parsing and wrapping/trimming header lines then I would gladly look and try to produce a patch.

Thanks!