pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles fr

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles from selected nzb"
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 22:33:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:26:01 +0000, Heinrich Müller wrote:

> walt posted on Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:15:23 +0000:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:24:52 +0000, walt wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Heinrich.  I'm getting this segfault from your latest git (0efefbf)
>>> when the progress bar reaches the end while trying to save articles
>>> from a selected nzb.
>>
>> I rebuilt pan.git using --with-gmime-crypto=no, and that fixes the
>> segfault, but it's not very helpful for fixing the bug.  I'm guessing
>> that g_object_unref() is handed a null pointer or invalid crypto
>> context,
>> maybe?
>
> Can you pull and try again

Hi Heinrich and thanks for the fix, which works perfectly now.

OTOH I tried building with gnutls today and found some unhelpful pan
behavior.  I tried using ssl to a server who's certificate is issued to
foo.com while the server is news.foo.com.  As a result of the mismatched
names pan closes down and leaves a warning message on the command line.

The only way I could get up and running again was to edit servers.xml to
use port 119 and not use ssl.  I hope this behavior is just for debugging
purposes?

Otherwise I'm very happy :)