pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Should gnome-doc-utils be a git-build dependency, now? (

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Should gnome-doc-utils be a git-build dependency, now? (automake error)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:01:12 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:13:36 +0000 as excerpted:

> But I decided to try a search in the sources to see where
> gnome-doc-utils might be mentioned, and found this line at the top of
> help/Makefile.am to be the only unconditional hit:
>
> include $(top_srcdir)/gnome-doc-utils.make
>
> But that file doesn't appear in $top_srcdir, at least if $top_srcdir
> represents what the name seems to indicate, anyway.

Just confirming that from a clean sources dir, copying the system gnome-
doc-utils.make into $top_srcdir and running a build, supplying
 --without-gnome-doc-help as originally suggested, works.

I'm still lacking scrollkeeper as a dependency to build with help.  Seems
the one gnome-doc-utils installed was scrollkeeper-dtd, and I now need
scrollkeeper itself.  But at least I can build without the help, now,
even if I have to manually copy the named *.make file in to do so.

And scrollkeeper pulls in rarian, so now the two deps to build help has
just become four!  But I don't WANT gnome installed!  Why does it seem
I'm being dragged into it piece by piece anyway?  I think it's safe to
say I'm going to do without help, for now.  Which means we need to figure
out how to keep gnome-doc-utils from being required for automake, before
configure is even run.