pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Recent font problem

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Recent font problem
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:55:42 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, could you try to pull from their git and compile that version of
> cairo.

Good old gentoo makes it trivial :)

I installed the latest git cairo and the assertion was never hit.
I notice that the function cairo_surface_get_device_offset no longer
calls the matrix_invert function where the assertion was, so I dunno
if that tells us anything.

> Second, could you try to use an older version of libgcrypt

Yes!  I 'downdated' to libgcrypt-1.4.6 from 1.5.0 and that fixed the
assertion in both places I've been hitting it.

The first place is when I dismiss the accept certificate dialog box.
This change isn't surprising because (at least) that activity involves
encryption.

But the other case where the cairo assertion is now fixed/avoided is
when downloading a single part of a multipart binary from an nzb file.
The binary part is neither encrypted nor cryptographically signed, but
*is* yencoded, FWIW.

Can you think of a section of pan code that might use libgcrypt code
to download a yencoded (single) part of a non-encrypted multi-part?
(This is only mid-way through downloading the multi-part, so it's
way too early for pan to try to y-decode it, right?  And also, pan
hits the cairo assertion before the binary part is even saved to the
article-cache!)

BTW, my server for binaries is *not* an ssl connection, unlike gmane.