pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] ANN : Tabs support for article overview

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] ANN : Tabs support for article overview
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:29:12 +0100

Am 31.10.2011 22:44, schrieb Petr Kovar:
Hi Heinrich,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:53:36 +0000 (UTC)
Heinrich Müller<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi guys. I just added tabs support for the article overview tab
for testing. Feel free to test-drive it (branch is tabs).
I think it looks really good, great work!

I've got some nitpicking suggestions:

When you open Pan, there is now a large blank space displayed instead of the
header pane. If it doesn't make sense to display a group with headers there
automatically, I'd suggest adding a string like "No group currently opened.
\n To open a group, select it in the group pane." Or something like that.

When you move between tabs, the actual change of the current group isn't
reflected in the group pane - IOW the selected group in the group pane
doesn't reflect the selected tab in the header pane (article overview).

The red close button on a tab is really large, could it be made a little bit
smaller perhaps?

I'd suggest moving the "Wrapping:" status from an extra bar of its own to
the status bar below, perhaps right to the Task field in the status bar so
that it doesn't occupy unnecessary space in GUI. (Think of tablets etc. BTW
Pan compiles on MeeGo too.)

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Petr Kovar