pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Ping K.Haley: latest testing branch updates, I get compi

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Ping K.Haley: latest testing branch updates, I get compiler error in post-ui.cc line 742: ‘_c lose’ not declared.
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:25:49 +0000 (UTC)

Jack Cuyler posted on Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:18:23 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:12:50 +0000, SciFi wrote:
>
>> I guess I am asking about the specifications of color xface, then
>> perhaps someone could whip-up a conversion page
>
> A bit of googling found this (including a shell script converter)
>
> http://nntp.gnus.org/circus/face/
>
> Of course, your email and/or news client will need support for it.  As
> far as I know, Pan does not.

Pan supports viewing now, with KHaley's latest patches (including the one
that I needed to take care of cairo's crashing). =:^)

And of course posting, you simply add the header as you would any other
custom header. =:^)  You just have to have some tool generate it first,
and it appears from the above that you have that covered.

So x-face is the old b/w version, face is the newer color version.  Pan
supports viewing and posting of both, tho you feed pan the encoded header
for posting; it's not smart enough to encode it on its own.