pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: unable to compile from source

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: unable to compile from source
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:29:01 +0000 (UTC)

Nathanael Hoyle <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 15 Mar 2009
17:23:12 -0400:

> Please post the output from ./configure

> Also, the output of "gcc -v". From the error message, I'm wondering
> whether or not you have GTK 2.x installed or not? (You should, as a
> prerequisite).

Indeed.  The gcc version can make a big difference.

What distribution (Linux or BSD distribution, OSX or Windows version,
etc), too.

I'm guessing it's installed, but if he's running a binary distribution,
he may be missing one or more -devel packages, which contain the header
files, etc.  It's also possible they are installed but the scripts aren't
finding them properly and will need pointed at where to look.