pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Patches to Pan 0.132 for Fedora 9/GCC 4.3.0

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Patches to Pan 0.132 for Fedora 9/GCC 4.3.0
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:01:22 +0000 (UTC)

Jeremy Bennett <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 04 Sep
2008 08:19:06 +0100:

> One piece of feedback - explanation on the version numbering would be
> useful. Versions 0.132/0.133 don't appear in Bugzilla.

Yes, that's not entirely intuitive.  I've seen people mistakenly choose
0.13.2, for instance, instead of 0.132.  0.13.2 was /years/ ago, and a
bug filed on it therefore isn't likely to get much attention!

Anyway, current 0.1xx versions should be entered as pre-1.0-betas.  One
might guess that if they thought about it and interpreted the version
number correctly, but it's not as obvious or intuitive as it really
should be, I agree.