pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] potential memory improvement

From: Ken Geis
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] potential memory improvement
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:57:58 -0700

I'm trying out the patch right now.

When I opened the big group, Pan shows ~1.3G memory usage. It fetches headers for about two million parts from the servers, and then the size is ~2.3G. I restarted Pan, reloaded the group, and usage is ~1.35G.

Ken

Charles Kerr wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
I'm running on x64.

Attached is a patch I was working on last weekend that makes a serious
dent in memory use on the x64 architecture.  The improvements aren't
as significant on 32-bit machines, but it does speed up loading groups
slightly.

This patch is for svn r280.

Charles