pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Launching attachments on Windows?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Launching attachments on Windows?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:54:41 -0600

Darren Albers wrote:

I am making slow but decent progress on the patch to launch attachments from Pan, so far it has been easy thanks to gnome-open, kfmclient exec, and shellexec (I have been struggling a bit with tmp file handling but it is well documented so I should have that under control once I stop being distracted by the Super Bowl) but I worry a bit about allowing any attachment type to be opened especially under windows.

If this is in reference to #347325, then the attachments will require
users to click on them to open them anyway, so IMO it's the user's
responsibility.  Or are you saying Pan should be able to automatically
launch attachments?