pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: html message handling in pan-0.120

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: html message handling in pan-0.120
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 04:15:10 +0000 (UTC)

"Anuj Verma (Kevin)" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 20 Jan 2007
02:34:32 +0000:

> Also in my own observance html emails are note poked at any more in
> public mailing lists.

=8^(

They are on the ones I'm on (read as news with pan thru gmane.org's
list2news gateway, and no, it's not just me complaining, either).

I'll often select-quote a segment of the HTML version to reply to,
replying with the answer, but mentioning the HTML as well.  With the >
quote delimiters, most readers that might render the HTML otherwise will
leave it alone, so the person that used it gets to see just how ugly it
looked.  In general, most weren't even aware of it, and turn it off once
it is brought to their attention.

...  Of course, most of my lists are FLOSS community lists such as this
one, and I'd expect them to be rather more conservative than say the MS
lists, or even the Mozilla lists, for that matter.