pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] i18n

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] i18n
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:32:55 +0200

GISQUET Christophe a écrit :
it appears, those are marked as "not translatable" with N_(). I remember a bugzilla entry discussing this point, mentioning the translation was made twice in fact but can't currently find this entry,

It is done by using gtk_action_group_set_translation_domain.

The problem was that most translation strings were (it seems) erroneously marked as "fuzzy". After updating fr.po, the menus are correctly translated in a LANG=fr environment.

The updated fr.po is available at [1], and I encourage any French reader on this mailing list to review and correct it, hoping for a further integration into pan. I'm admittedly not versed into French usenet terminology.

On a side note, most of the .po files are half-full of no longer used translation strings. They could seriously be trimmed down.

Last but not least, intltool-update -m reports that the following files could be added to POTFILES.in:
pan/gui/charset-picker.cc
pan/gui/group-prefs-dialog.cc
pan/gui/pan-file-entry.cc
pan/gui/save-ui.cc