pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] scoring on references ?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] scoring on references ?
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:31:28 -0500 (CDT)

> Is scoring on the References header working in 0.94 ? I have the
> following entry in my scorefile:
>
> %BOS
> %Score created by Pan on Wed Apr 26 04:32:29 2006
> [comp.os.linux.misc]
> Score:: =9999
> Expires: 5/26/2006
> %EOS
>
> However, no score is being set for any matching articles. The entry
> itself was set by 'Watch Subthread'.

Filtering/scoring by references doesn't work yet -- I intend to get to
that before the next release, though.

The problem with filtering by References is that Article doesn't keep
the References header around as a string anymore.  All the references
are encoded into the self-threading tree we talked about awhile back.

Charles