pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: PAN gives up whole batch on first 'no such article numbe

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: PAN gives up whole batch on first 'no such article number'
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:20:18 -0700

JoN posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:06:55 +1100:

> So - nobody else has seen this problem then?
> Or has my email been losing replies.
>
> Quoting JoN <address@hidden>:
>
>> Ok possibly this is a Support rather than Devel question, but I'll ask it
>> anyway as it looks like a bug.
>>
>> The older "0.14.90" release that I installed from RPM seems to keep going on
>> a resumed batch of tasks, regardless of whether the articles in the batch
>> still exist on the server or not.
>>
>> The new one checked out of CVS and compiled, seems to give up on the first
>> article it hits that is not present on the server - ie. "no such article
>> number".  Ie. the batch just stops downloading.  Checking the connection etc
>> reveals no problems, the server is perfectly happy to talk to PAN and give
>> it article bodies.
>>
>> Man this is annoying!  :)

Annoying it is, yes.

I hadn't answered before as I'm not running the CVS version yet, and its
networking is handled somewhat differently.  However, AFAIK, that's not a
new error, as I've had problems with it on the current PAN version and
previously as well.  The thing is, sometimes you can see it get an error
and continue with the others as you'd expect.  Other times it hits the
first error and shuts everything down.  Maybe it depends on exactly which
error the server returned?