pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Further info - Re: Newbie: Can't find source cod

From: Aph
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Further info - Re: Newbie: Can't find source code for 0.14.90, can't get CVS to work
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 03:00:23 +0100

Le Mercredi 8 Février 2006 01:46, Duncan a écrit :

> That looks fine, here.  The only possible worry I'd have is the numbering
> sequence in terms of upgrading.  When the official release comes out,
> pan-0.14.90 will be seen as a later version than any of the above,
> correct? (I'm a Gentoo guy tho I ran Mandrake some years ago, but don't
> remember RPM upgrade precedence ordering in detail.)

I use for CVS

Version: 0.1.4.90
Release : 0.cvs.200ymmdd.{nb of release --> 1,2,3, ....}

(0.1.4.90-0.cvs.20050505.1)

When the stable version come:

Version: 0.1.4.90
Release : 1

(0.1.4.90-1)

With CVS, beta, ..., the first number of release is always 0 and there is no
problem at the time of an update towards the final version (Release : 1, 2,
3, ...)

> Of course, if all
> else fails, the epoch can be incremented, if I'm remembering things
> correctly, right?

in Gentoo Epoch is used in first

Regards