pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Re: Pan in Fedora Extras

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Pan in Fedora Extras
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:50:25 -0700

Jim Henderson posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:10:26 -0700:

> On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:18:45 -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
>
>> I use that a lot, as a function of getting a few high-traffic mailing
>> lists through NNTP gateways (for example, linux-kernel list). Naturally,
>> _any_ reply to those has to be made through e-mail.
>
> Depends on the gateway.  This response is coming to you by way of
> gmane.org, not by way of the pan-devel list.
>
> lkml is available on gmane as well, however I don't know if the gateway is
> set up to be bidirectional for that list or not.

Same here.  I use gmane for all my lists (currently consisting of the two
PAN lists and a number of Gentoo lists, everything from the weekly news
and announce read-only lists, to the the more regular devel, desktop, and
amd64 lists).  Gmane does LKML, certainly, and if I subscribed to it it
as I've considered doing, it would be thru gmane, but that's never
happened yet, so I can't report the details of how that particular
list2group works.