pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Pan and GTK+ for Windows

From: Alan Sanderson
Subject: [Pan-devel] Pan and GTK+ for Windows
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:20:35 +1000

Currently Pan for Windows is built against the GTK+ runtime supplied by http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win/. However this project is now no longer under active development. Which means if you need to update your version of GTK+ runtime on windows to use a program which requires a newer version (e.g. GAIM or GIMP), you have to install a newer version of the GTK+ runtime (from either http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ or http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/). The problem however is that doing so breaks Pan (attempting to open Pan results in message "This application has failed to start because libintl-1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."). So is it possible to have future builds of Pan build against the GTK+ Development Environment found at one of these two active projects? Pan 0.14.2.91 or 0.14.90 build against one of these new GTK+ Development Environments would be cool. I'd love to do it myself, however I've got no idea how to do so.

Alan