pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: DB code status

From: Michael A Chase
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: DB code status
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:19:49 -0800

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:19:13 -0700, K. Haley wrote:

> I've put the snaphot on my website
> http://www.zianet.com/lost-coder/pan-snapshot.zip .  Here is the DB
> schema that I'm currently using, (I know why I put the cache data in a
> seperate file but I can't remember why I put the article data in one):

Relative volitility of the data?  It looks like pan.sqlite is fairly
permanent, pan_article.sqlite affects on article lifetime, and
pan_cache.sqlite is for managing article storage.  The last could be
rebuilt at any time from the other sources, so if you are short on disk
space, you might throw it away between runs if you don't have a really big
cache.

It might be good to be more agressive about declaring columns NOT NULL.

Thank you for your work.