pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] some patches

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] some patches
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:27:32 +0100

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:13:17 +0530 (IST) Haran Shivanan
<address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> Made pan recognize "\n--\n" as a signature delimitor.
> I know this is not standards-compliant behaviour, but many news readers
> dont seem to follow the standards and it becomes annoying having to
> delete the sigs manually when creating a followup...

sorry to say so, but how do you want standards to be used if even Good
Projects don't respect them?
Mozilla's pickiness about standards have been a pain in the beginning but
on the long term it's helping websites to become better. Same goes for
sigs imho...

Afaik latest version of outlook express doesn't strip the space anymore,
the bug has finally been fixed by the "reactive" people at microsoft.
--
Colin
panic("Oh boy, that early out of memory?");