pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:44:00 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Gollum wrote:

> This extra package won't have to be updated very often, probably less
> than once a year.  The four files in question are the same in the last
> Cooker RPM as in Mandrake 8.2.  They should also be compatible with
> Mandrake 8.1, which used PNG icons for some RPMs and XPM for others.
>
> Such a package should not be used with official Mandrake RPMs, it
> will just be a supplement to the Rebelbase RPMs.

I'll go on record and say I think this is a decent approach. The fact that
the changes don't need to be applied to the base spec file is a huge plus.
Any chance other distro's menu and icon paths are the same as Mandrakes
and this package can be used there as well?

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant