pan-devel

RE: [Pan-devel] Making RPM's

From: John LeMay
Subject: RE: [Pan-devel] Making RPM's
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Alain Maisonneuve wrote:

> rpm doesn't seem to recognize "-ta"...

Odd. Maybe it's a Mandrake specific switch? From my rpm man page on
Mandrake 7.2:

 The general form of an rpm build command is

           rpm -[b|t]O [build-options] <package_spec>+

       The  argument  used  is -b if a spec file is being used to
       build the package and -t if RPM should look  inside  of  a
       gzipped (or compressed) tar file for the spec file to use.

The man page is dated 1998 by Red Hat.

It's really that "t" option that you are looking for. Check your man page
to see if it's there or not. I haven't had a Mandrake box in ages (since
5.2), but I thought rpm was rpm.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant