pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Toolbar style configuration

From: Jacob Ilsø Christensen
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Toolbar style configuration
Date: 08 Oct 2002 15:59:02 +0200

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 19:31, Charles Kerr wrote:
> > Just made a couple of changes to the toolbar in the task-manager so that
> > one can select which style the toolbar should have (text, icons, etc.).
> >
> > Unfortunately I could not make a context menu on the toolbar (any
> > ideas?; the button-press-event does not seem to work when used with a
> > toolbar) so I had to make it a main menu.
> >
> > Should I commit the code or are we in a bug-fixing only period till
> > after 0.13.1?
>
> IMO setting the toolbar icon/text preferences belongs in the Edit|Preferences
> dialog rather than in a context menu on the toolbar -- is there some existing
> precedent for a context menu tht I'm not aware of?

Yes, I thought of putting the configuration in the preferences. But then
I thought it might be nice to be able to set the style for the
individual toolbars. And then IMO it is more appropriate to have the
setting closer to the actual toolbar than in a general preferences
dialog.

> Also, whenever we get around to adding #ifdef GNOME code back into Pan,
> we should use Gnome's desktop setting for this and disable the Pan-only
> setting.

Or maybe let the user decide wether to let Pan override the Gnome
settings?

> I'd hold off on committing until after we get agreement on the Right Thing...

I will :)

/Jacob