pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: [Pan-users] Toolbar Second Draft, Feedback Wanted

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: [Pan-users] Toolbar Second Draft, Feedback Wanted
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:24:16 -0700

> http://mdew.orcon.net.nz/pan/toolbar3.png

The idea of paper == article, envelope == mail would be good to use, if there's
a way
to convey the idea of "read" and "unread" via a piece of paper.  Otherwise, if
we stay
with the current "envelope == article" approach, then we need to be consistent
in the
"new message" icon.

> move the "Go Online/Offline Icon" to the bottom left.

I kind of like it next to "cancel last task" better ...
all the other buttons on the bottom pop up new dialogs, too.

> Add a tearoff to the toolbar?

I've never, ever, ever seen anyone use a tearoff toolbar.  Of course my saying
this
means someone will chime in saying "I use it all the time!" :), but I'd be
surprised
if 1 in 100 people use it.

> increase the icon size by a few more pixels?

Sounds good.