oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] Oroborus on OpenDarwin i386

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] Oroborus on OpenDarwin i386
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:36:54 +0200

Hi David,

first - sorry for the long delay...

Am 29.05.2005 um 19:20 schrieb David Walker:

I have installed OpenDarwin 7.2.1 and X11 7.2.1 for i386.
I also have installed AfterStep 1.8.11 for i386 and it works fine.
I can "startx" and get AfterStep with xterm, etc.

I downloaded oroborus-2.0.12-0.i386.rpm and installed it.
I changed my .xinitrc from:
exec AfterStep
exec oroborus
but when I "startx" I get the default grey mesh background and my machine
hangs.

well, your machine does not hang, oroborus simply does NOT contain any menu-stuff, or anything to change the Background.
Its just a windowmanager, nothing more.

I guess you might want to use it with gnome or maybe want to start more things in your .xinitrc (like keylaunch, deskmenu or such things.)

Btw. the current Oroborus release is 2.0.15

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.