oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] progress on 2.1?

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] progress on 2.1?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:44:09 +0100

* Johannes Berg <address@hidden> [030118 01:19]:
> What would you think when Oroborus would be implemented with GCJ (GNU
> > compiler for java) and then compiled to native code.
>
> Personally, I don't like Java. But as I can't judge how well gcj works
> and how good the code is it creates I can't really say much there.
Hm, well for me it works quite ok...

> What I would like though is to have a well-defined, plain C plugin API
> so I can use Kylix (*) with it.
Hm, well, lets see perhaps this is somehow possible, but I dunno about kylix
and I personally don't like Kylix.

> But of course I wouldn't mind having a window manager written in Kylix
> either, if you would even consider using it ;)
See the above paragraph ;)

> PS:
> (*) Kylix: just in case you don't know what it is:
> http://www.borland.com/kylix/
> http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_kylix.html
I know kylix, its that blown, with wine ported, IDE.

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.