oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] rox & oroborus

From: Andre Lerche
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] rox & oroborus
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:49:13 +0500

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Pfetzing <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> * Andre Lerche <address@hidden> [021002 16:00]:

[...]

>> 1) During startup I start a few progs in xinitrc, for example gkrellm
>> and rox as pinboard and top-panel. So, everything is fine, but
>> I can't see gkrellm until I click on the background, only then I can
>> see gkrellm. Any ideas, how to solve this? With fluxbox I don't had to
>> click on the background first.
> Well these are NET_WM_HINT issues, only Nautilus2 works currently without
> problems. I will hopefully fix that soon, since dotconf (which I will use for
> the config file parsing of Oroborus) is fixed now.

Ok, it's not a great problem for me to click on the background, so I
have to live with it, until you fix it.

>> 2) Is it possible to exclude some progs from windowlist and/or mde-panel?
>> For example, I don't want to see gkrellm in it.
> This is a problem of the panel (mde-fspanel *wont* be extended, try fbpanel,
> search on google for it).

I've managed that meanwhile. I patched mde-panel a little bit, so that I
don't see gkrellm, no clock and no mail. And because I don't use the
windowlist so much, this is also ok for me.

[...]

> bye
>
> Stefan

Thanks and by,

Andre

--
Created on Boomtime, the 58th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3168
Uptime: 6:49pm up 14 min, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.13