[Openvortex-dev] Re: au88x0 modem

From: Raymond
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Re: au88x0 modem
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:09:42 +0800

Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
On 17:35 Thu 15 Sep     , Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:

3. DMA

After some looking in au88x0 driver I think that it is possible that
modem could use one ADB channels (predefined or programmable) for pcm
data transfers (just like regular audio), similar scheme may be found
with some other devices like ali5451.

If so we could try to find channel numbers (should be two - for playback
and capture). It is very possible that channels should be configured
somehow first.

Philipp, How looks your 'aplay -l' output?

ANYBODY knows something about modem DMA/PCM with au88x0, please advise.

The easy way is to create a PCM device "modem" on au8810

DMA -> FIFO -> SRC -> MIXIN --------> MIXOUT -> MC97(Modem Out)

                        +-----------> MIXOUT -> EQ -> AC97(Audio Left)

                                Modem Speaker  On or Off

                                  +-> MIXOUT -> EQ -> AC97(Audio Right)

DMA <- FIFO <- SRC <- MIXOUT <- MIXIN <-------- MC97(Modem IN)

or

DMA -> FIFO -> SRC -> MC97(modem) (Playback)

DMA <- FIFO <- SRC <- MC97(modem) (Capture)

What is the difference between modem application and audio application ?

Do the modem application open two PCM streams (one for playback and the other for capture )?

Where is the class SND_PCM_CLASS_MODEM specificed in the driver ?