[Openvortex-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Alsa-devel] PATCH Aureal Vortex.]

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Alsa-devel] PATCH Aureal Vortex.]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:22:47 -0400

Hi everybody,

A message from the ALSA devel list:

> At Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:43:03 -0400,
> Manuel Jander wrote:
> >
> > Please apply the following patch. It was designed against
> > linux-2.6.5, but applies cleanly against alsa-driver-1.0.4 this way:

> applied now.  i removed the definitions of PCI_ID_XXX, since they are
> already in the public header.  for the 2.4 system we have already a
> local pci-ids.h in alsa-driver/pci/au88x0.
>
> thanks!
>
> Takashi

So i guess that those bugfixes will make it into the next alsa-driver
release at least.

I'll have to stay some time away from further Aureal Vortex development,
because i have to finish my Electronic Ing.  Thesis, and i'm somwhat
overdue with that.
But if necessary, i'll will be willing to continue to receive any bug
reports as usual.

Some things i would like to pursue once i get the time are:

- Support 4.0 and 5.1 multispeaker audio streams using HRTF to downmix
those multiple channels to headphones. I suspect that such a thing could
even sound better than actually having 6 speakers.

- Get the WT engine working.

- Finally, implement the OpenAL ALSA bindings about which i have been
talking so much, but have not done anything beyond its design.

Best Regards

Manuel