[Openvortex-dev] New WT and A3D code on CVS (non functional)

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] New WT and A3D code on CVS (non functional)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:41:56 -0400

Hi,

Some updates on "yet not usable" code on CVS:

- I finally discovered how the Crosstalk canceler and A3D slices are
routed together. The Crosstalk canceler has 10 inputs. input 0-3 are for
the left(?) outputs of the 4 A3D slices, and 5-8 are for right(?)
outputs of the 4 A3D slices. Inputs 5 and 9 seems to be extra inputs,
for a software generated audio source or from a coprocessor (SQ3500).

The crosstalk canceler has only 2 outputs, of a final mix, which simply
are mixed to the AC97, SPDIF and whatever outputs. The gain of each
individual input can be programmed.

- WT bug fixes. There was a severe WT address bug. It still doesn't
work, but at least bugs are getting fixed. I discovered where the
SampleRate Convertion ratio and volume for the WT channels gets
programmed. The exact formula to generate those values is not 100% clear
yet, but i found it. CAdbTopology::SetFrequency and
CAdbTopology::SetVolume contain that code.

When i enable the WT engine, i get some noise sometimes on the ADB
playback channels. I guess, fixing this bug could lead to more bugs, and
maybe to get it working.

Some WT registers seems to be writeonly, so they must be cached. This
implies a struct that i had to add to the "vortex_t" type to hold those
register values.

Well, i don't have anything functional yet, but i just wanted to tell
that thinks are moving on.

Best Regards

--
Manuel Jander
mjander(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net