Re: [Openvortex-dev] build problems on Debian Woody

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] build problems on Debian Woody
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:58:15 -0500

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 12:32:18AM -0500, John Parejko wrote:

> It is a bit quiet though.  It got louder when I turned on the graphic EQ
> in XMMS, but it still is significantly quieter than before, and probably
> about 50% the volume of the windows drivers (I have it going through a
> stereo reciever, so I can get an estimate from how far I move the volume
> control on it).  I remember discussion about this previously, but I don't
> remember what the resolution was.

There is a setting called "External Amplifier Power Down" on the codec.
Try playing with it.  It has no effect on some cards (like my SQ2500)
but on other cards it makes a large difference in volume.

> If there are things that still need doing, I might have some time to help.
> Even just documenting stuff, or writing up help guides or something.
> Suggestions?

Basically, we just need to test it with as many different applications
as possible and report the bugs.  Starting an entry on the ALSA Wiki
might not be a terrible idea either, since the driver is likely to be in
ALSA soon...

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253