Re: [Openvortex-dev] VIA fix?

From: Seg
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] VIA fix?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:56:13 -0500

> Well, what he means by "adding 10" is "set bit 5 of the register high".
> To do that starting with 0x80, it would become 0x90.  This register
> is a configuration register, so simply putting a higher value in it
> would not have the same effect as the PCI latency

Bitfield, err I'm getting confused. Is 'setpci -d '12eb:*' 42.B' the
bitfield in question? Whats the PCI latency then? I don't know PCI
hacking at all so I dunno what I'm actually messing with here. Heh.
Tried setting it to 0x90, still no go. When I have some time I could try
setting one bit at a time... Does anyone have a databook for reference?