Re: [Openvortex-dev] Driver updates to come.

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Driver updates to come.
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:37:10 -0400

Hello.

Alright, I was able to apply the patch after all, but I had to revert
au88x0_core to revision 1.27, before the "missing spinlocks" patch.
Actually, it's quite logical, considering that the experimental patch
introduces it's own spinlock_irqrestore instead of spinlock_irqsave as
in revision 1.28.

The driver built cleanly and loaded without trouble. The behaviour of
"fast play bug" changed conciderably. For example: before that it used
to manifest itself only when more than one streams were playing at the
same time (stream 2 and on would play fast). Now, the behaviour more
random: "fast play" usually happens when I switch song quickly, or
pause/play quickly. It never happens when I do it slowly, though.

The good news is that I'm able to play multiple streams now.

One thing worth noticing: "fast play" NEVER happens in mplayer. Even
with the previous driver. Maybe it's worth looking into the alsa ouput
implementation in mplayer?

Best regards.

P.S : One more thing: I once got an error message from xmms: "PCM_wait:
input/output error". It didn't affect playing, though.

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>