[Openvortex-dev] Why i get clicks...

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Why i get clicks...
Date: 01 Jul 2003 19:58:35 -0400

Hello,

I discovered at least one source of clicking. The ALSA driver isn't
restricting the period sizes and count in such a manner that
buffer size / period size  = <integer>

Playing some files with aplay -v <wavefile.wav> confirmed that fact.
There is no way the actual driver can cope with that situation, i would
say we better limit it to integer values instead of trying to implement
buffers with varying period sizes or other odd stuff.

I'll try to send a patch as soon as i get the ALSA hardware rule thing
working.

Hopefully, this will solve the stereo swapping too. By the way, has
anybody with stereo swapping tried to disable in the BIOS "Byte Merge"
features on the PCI bus ? It could be related with how the data transfer
get aligned on the bus.

Best Regards

Manuel Jander.