Re: [Openvortex-dev] Latest CVS

From: Callum Lerwick
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Latest CVS
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:55:00 -0500

Manuel Jander wrote:
Yes, of course ;), but i have no way to test it. I'm tempted to build a
SPDIF transceiver for my MX300, but i dont have anything where to
connect to. Maybe i could test looping my 2 Vortex 2 externally through
SPDIF ? It just a matter of routing the digital audio to the apropiate
ADB bus address, which is well known. Idont see any problem to route AC3
audio or what ever bit stream you want to the SPDIF port. Its just like
a serial port.

I was just kinda wondering. My card has an optical output built in but I don't have anything to use it with. Heh.

What about the Montego cards that have digital in and out, both RCA and optical. Are the Montego II's really as special as the windows drivers make them out to be? ;P