Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge

From: Marc Heerdink
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa 0.9.4 merge
Date: 18 Jun 2003 01:18:47 +0200

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 23:20, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> I just committed a merge of alsa 0.9.4. Please test.

Compiles fine, runs fine. The external ampiflier is by default disabled,
I guess it won't do anything but good if it's enabled by default.

All switches in alsamixer appear to be working now :) This driver is
making great progress, thanks a lot everybody! Oh by the way, I have
some information about the setpci fix for VIA platforms. Without it, the
modules load fine but when I play sound, I get ~10 seconds of playback
and then the sound stops. The computer isn't frozen tho (as with the old
binary drivers) but I can rmmod the drivers and reload them. After
setpcing, I can play sound just fine.

Marc