Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Ryan's patch
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:32:57 -0500

Hi,

> > void vortex_codec_wait(void) {
> >
> >-    /* Perhaps move the reads from the write_codec() to here */
> >+    /* FIXME */

Doh, well, all that needs to be done is to check if the reads from the
end of the codec_write function should be put there instead.  I'm not
familiar enough with how the alsa ac97 driver uses codec_wait, but it
seems like it should be appropriate.

> OK, it seems to work: Initially the switch is set to off,
> but when set to on, the volume is fine.

Cool!  On my SQ2500, the setting has no effect.  The default value can
be made to be on in the alsa ac97_patches.c for the STAC9708, if
everyone agrees that it is proper to do so.  (I can't think of a reason
why the amplifier should not be turned on when the card is initialized.)

> The compiler warning is still there, of course. Don't know
> how serious it is.

Can you paste what is on and around your line 20 in that source file (or
whatever the line that gives the warning is)?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253